The Galvan Torque represents the culmination of the very best in modern fly reel design, all at a mid-level price. These reels have a large arbor design, with its proven advantages, and are impeccably machined from solid bar stock. The strikingly attractive appearance of the Torque Fly Fishing Reel is a result of the unique cutouts on the frame, spool and drag knob that significantly reduce weight, while maintaining strength and rigidity.
The rounded rims on both spool and frame better withstand impact for enhanced durability and the smooth and reliable thermoplastic and stainless steel disc drag never requires lubrication. There are no ball bearings; a trouble free, self lubricating HPV hi-tech plastic bushing allows the spool near-frictionless rotation. In this case, less is more. Fully anodized to protect from corrosion, the Galvan Torque is available in nine sizes, and is equally at home as a freshwater companion for your favorite trout rod or as a sleek, ultra-light addition to your modern big game saltwater stick.
Spools are attractively and functionally counterbalanced, and remove with a simple push of a button. The large drag knob is precisely adjustable with distinct, détente settings. The Galvan Torque has a light audible click, both in and out, is easily convertible from left to right hand, and is available in either a bronze, green, clear (silver) or black color.
The Torque comes with a limited lifetime warranty, of course, backed by outstanding customer service from a small, family run operation. From amongst the glut of fly reel model choices confronting the prospective buyer, the Galvan Torque stands out as a superb machine at a very reasonable price.
• Large arbor design for quick line retrieve, improved drag continuity, and less line coil
• Precision machined from 6061 Aluminum bar stock
• Unique cutouts on spool, frame and drag knob for lightweight and a distinctive, attractive appearance
• Rounded rims on spool and frame for improved impact resistance
• Low maintenance thermoplastic-stainless steel disc drag
• Large, easily adjustable drag knob détented for precise settings
• Trouble free, self lubricating HPV plastic bushing
• Anodized for superior corrosion resistance - saltwater safe
• Easy, push button spool removal
• Contoured counterbalance on spool for ultra-smooth rotation
• Light click in and out
• Easily convertible from left to right hand wind
• Available in 9 sizes, for 3 to 16 weight rods
• Standard colors are Bronze, Green, Clear or Black
• Limited lifetime warranty for original owner